Several years ago Central Market sold this very yummy Maple Balsamic Dressing. The back of the bottle had a simple, but great recipe for a strawberry spinach salad with blue cheese and candied walnuts that became my go to salad for parties and potlucks. It’s easy to throw together and has a great mix of salt and sweet and crunch. Plus, it has spinach and strawberries, so it’s healthy, right?
I haven’t been able to find the dressing in quite some time, I remember the gist and it goes something like this:
- 1 12oz bag of spinach
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup good quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup candied walnuts* (or pecans, whatever you prefer)
- maple balsamic vinaigrette
For presentation purposes, I like to place all the ingredients in rows, but it’s totally find to throw it all together in a bowl and toss it.
* I usually just buy the candied walnuts from Central Market’s bulk section, but here’s a recipe if you can’t find them in your local grocery store: Honey Candied Walnuts